Vacation time is a break from everyday tensions and general annoyances of living. We can relax and have fun with family and friends. Whether its exploring new places or rediscovering the old ones, holidays bring with them new experiences.
Even though we might not be able to follow our diet, we can surely take a few easy steps to minimize the weight gain. Tips which can help are:
1. Eat before you leave the hotel : this way you'll enjoy your sight seeing more without looking our for snack bars or eateries near the monuments.
2. Carry water: its summers…need I say more.
3. Eat salads first: before the main course. You be a little full and this will help you regulate the portion size.
5. Ask for healthier options: Even if they are not present in the menu. Most restaurants will be happy to oblige.
6. Keep holiday drinking in control: More alcohol leads us to eat more. Opt for iced teas, coconut water,lemonade and fresh juices . Also alternate a drink with a glass of water. This will keep you hydrated and you'll end up drinking less.
8. Go easy in buffet: Opt for ala carte options sometimes. A tempting layout of dishes makes us eat more.
9. Be active : Indulge in activities you enjoy. E.g
a) Jog, run or just walk on the beach/ hotel compound/nearby garden.
b) Swim in the hotel pool or check out the in-house gym.
c) Walk and shop in the local market. Perfect for making bargains and explore the city.