1. Fizzy drinks- They have been repeatedly proven to be unhealthy. They are linked to diabetes, obesity, loss of bone density, dental decay and heart diseases. Read more about them here and here
Substitutes: Lemonade, coconut water, sparkling water, plain tap water, buttermilk
2. Alcohol- Apart from being a social nuisance, it can get very addictive and come in the way of your life. It does not incur any major health benefit , in fact it dehydrates the body and affects the liver adversely when overly used.
3. French fries- Usually found in fast food joints are loaded with trans-fat (the BAD fat) barely have any nutritional value; one can definitely live without them. If you are addicted then try healthier substitutes like this one.
4. Refined flour- It is practically devoid of all the B-complex vitamins and minerals. Whole wheat flour will work in most of the recipes demanding white flour/ maida. Refined flour produce is only good for clinical conditions where one has to take low fiber diet eg. Diarrhea, inflammation in intestine, perforation, bleeding ulcers etc.
5. Sugar- Yes, each and everyone of us can live without it! Sugar is just refined carbohydrate which we have developed a fondness for. Spare yourself and your teeth by saying NO to candies, sugar lollies, toffees, bubble gums, sweet drinks and avoiding all sugary items as far as possible.