Fruits are one of the best snacks we can have and Apple comes with scores of advantages (apart from the fact that its so crunchy, juicy and tasty).
1. Apple has a low glycemic index. That means, it'll not shoot up your blood sugar levels. Perfect if you are a diabetic.
2. It has beneficial antioxidants i.e. it'll help combat ageing.
3. Its phytochemicals (non-nutrient plant compound) have protective effect against heart diseases, cancer and asthma.
4. It has pectin, which is water soluble fiber. It helps in slowing the absorption of fats from intestine and thus helps in reducing cholesterol levels.
5. It gives you an energy boost and wakes you up when you get drowsy. A very good alternative to endless cups of coffee.
6. Processing raw apples (into pie, jams, jellies etc.) affects its phytochemical content, so its best to eat it raw.
Enough reasons to have at least one apple everyday?? No...You might like to visit the links given at the end of the post.
More about apples on :
Phytochemicals in Apple